Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wintry fun at the zoo


So, you know when you wake up and you have no idea what's in store for you. That was my Saturday. We went to grab some breakfast at Denny's and then we heard the magical words... "Detroit Zoo."

Now, this is not a rant about why on earth the zoo is the Detroit Zoo when it is not in Detroit anymore (like everything else "Detroit").

Going to the zoo in the winter may sound crazy but is was really fun. And we walked around until it closed, so like five hours. And I haven't had that much fun in a while.

More so, I was shocked by the animals that were out enjoying the snow. I mean kangaroos, camels and tigers walking around like its the summertime, not too often you get to see that.

What I will say, seeing the zoo in the snow made me want to see it in the summer, when animals are in their natural habitats. Seeing the (and hearing) the tigers in the snow was amazing. And seeing the gorillas play indoors was cool, but there is nothing like seeing gorillas out in the wild.

But I'm really happy for our zoo, it is doing great things and has some amazing exhibits — although I really do wish the reptile house could smell differently. And can't wait to go back this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment